She did this at least six times before I learned there would be no stopping her, so now we just have to put up with an increase in spit-up puddles.
I can't complain though; I'm so excited to see her tackle this milestone. Next is crawling or sitting on her own.
Within days of learning to roll over, I caught her in bed laying on her stomach. So much for putting her down on her back to sleep, or for having her mattress slightly elevated at the head to help her with her acid indigestion. One morning I found she had rolled all the way to the low end of the mattress. At that point I removed the baby bumper because I didn't want her to roll into it and get stuck with her face against it. Now in the mornings I am wakened by the sound of Lexi rapping her plastic toys against the wood of the crib.
After she's been on her tummy for a while she'll start to do this funny thing. I can't quite figure out what she is trying to do, but she looks a lot like she's training to become Super Girl.
Can you imagine what she would look like, if I got her into a little penguin outfit in this position? I want to play airplane with her, but I'm so afraid I'd end up covered in spit-up if I tried.
Talking about airplanes... Last weekend, Lexi and I walked out to the mailbox to get the mail as the sunset was fading and there were hundreds of birds flying wavy patterns over our heads. When Lexi caught sight of them her whole body quivered, she looked at me, and gave me a mouth-wide-open smile. It was as if she was trying to tell me "that was fantastic!" More flocks flew overhead. Lexi and I stood out on the drive way and pivoted this way and that trying to catch sight of each flock as they went to and fro. She also found the moon, and a plane. Each time she squawked and smiled at me, like she wanted me to produce some more. Eventually, the birds became sparse, and the air became chilly, and we went inside for the evening. Wish I had a picture from that night.
No comments:
Post a Comment