Just a few days after turning seven months old, Lexi is on the verge of crawling. I know she wants to do it, she just has to figure out how. She can raise herself up on her arms really well, and she can get her butt in the air. She just has to figure out getting them both in the air at the same time. Couple these moves with all the rolling she is doing and it amounts to a baby that doesn't stay put for long. Anytime I put her down and go to the kitchen to get a drink of water, I come back to find Lexi 180 degrees rotated, flipped over, and five feet from where I left her.
 |
| 4 April 2011: Seven months old |
Yesterday at playgroup Lexi was laying on her stomach and raising herself on extended arms, when suddenly she raised her rear end up in the air and straightened her entire body. The mothers exclaimed, "Oh my gosh! She's in plank position." (Shows you how many people have tried out Yoga these days.) In past times, I would have said she was in the "Front Leaning Rest position." Either way, the girl has stronger core muscles than I do at this point. Wish I had a picture. I'll work on getting one. It really was amazing and she could hold the position for quite of few seconds.
She has also been learning how to sit up. Although she is leaning against the dresser in this picture, she can sit unsupported for short periods of time. You can see in the next picture that she is not relying on the back of the recliner. She has a tendency to tumble when she gets excited or is trying to do too many things at once, so I'm either close enough to catch her or I surround her with pillows.
So who wants to start a betting pool on what day Lexi will first crawl? Add a comment with your guess, and you might receive a pleasant surprise.
Also, I finally figured out how to send notification that I have posted another blog. If you would like to be notified when there is a new blog, please send me a reply and I will add your e-mail address to the notification option.
No comments:
Post a Comment