T'bilisi, Republic of Georgia

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mischief starts at Nine Months Old!

At the beginning of Lexi's ninth month, she was still basically creeping along the floor.  It was enough for her to get around all her toys and to get closer to Casey when he was near.  She's been making friends with Casey lately, and he's been really patient with her clumsy hair-pulling slapping hands.  By the middle of the month, Lexi figured out how to crawl.  As soon as she learned to crawl, she also learned to use sofas and tables to pull herself to a standing position. It was amazing watching her figure this out. Within a day or two she started looking for trouble.  Suddenly she was scooting from room to room and this is where she discovered how to get into mischief.  She began stalking the cats and reaching up to grab their dangling paws.  After Lexi accessed the air vent and discovered an escape hatch, Tom had to screw the vent to the floor.  Casey is worried that his water bowl will become frequently empty now that Lexi uses it at a personal water park.
Right about the time Lexi was perfecting her crawling, my horse, Hankamoon, suffered an ailment that required me to go to the stable twice every day.  I had no choice but to take Lexi with me.  She turned out to be a perfect companion though.  She sat quietly in her stroller, occasionally drinking from a bottle or eating some rice puffs, and watched me as I fed Hank and cleaned his stall.  She loved watching me and visiting the horses, dogs and cat.  On the way to the stable one day, Tom, Lexi and I stopped by the Tractor Supply Store for grain and I found a little toy horse that looked like Hank.  I couldn't resist it and bought it for Lexi, who squealed when I gave it to her.  She seems to recognize that it is a toy horse, and she often puts it in my hand so I'll play with it and make little whinny noises with it.















We wrapped up Lexi's ninth month by starting a month-long vacation in Minnesota. Just like our Christmas vacation, she was quiet throughout the whole flight, including take-off and landing. Only this time she was awake all but 45 minutes. In fact, she was up at 5:30 AM ready and rearing to go, as if she knew something special was going to happen that morning. The only time she cried was when Tom picked her up to hug and kiss her goodbye as we got ready to enter the security area. That made it really hard to say "Goodbye".

No comments:

Post a Comment