T'bilisi, Republic of Georgia

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Lexi's First Birthday

Mmmm, carrot cake with cream cheese frosting!  And just the right size for a one-year old.
And here's the birthday girl herself, opening gifts with Daddy.  She took an immediate liking to this phone.  Maybe Tom and I will be able to get our cell phones back from her now.

Near the end of Grandma Sharon's and Grandpa Bryce's visit, we went to a local petting zoo and fed the goats, ducks, sheep and alpaca.  The goats and sheep were so sweet.  They were so gentle that Lexi was literally able to feed them one grain at a time pinched between her little fingers.  Oh my goodness, it was so cute that I've decided I'm going to get little goats when we finally get a hobby farm.  Maybe even an alpaca or two.  Ever since we fed the ducks at the petting zoo, Lexi laughs hysterically when she sees the Aflac duck on TV, especially the one where he's rapping.
Now, I enjoy my showers, and Lexi has enjoyed her baths, but never had she enjoyed her bath as much as this day.  She was just going to town, splashing, dunking cups, pouring them in the other sink, pouring them on the floor, turning the faucet on and off.  Water went everywhere.  At this point I made a mental note that Lexi would be taking future baths in the bathtub.
Pure joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment